Sunday, September 28, 2014

Declutter for fun and profit

One of my ongoing projects is to clear some of the landfill out of the casa de chaos.  Admittedly, it's going, er, slowly.

I had a box of books  ... romances and mysteries from the 1940s that belonged to my late mother.  I've read them, and had no reason to keep them.

Took them off to the national chain second-hand bookstore, which offered me about 50 cents a book.  That seemed just a bit low, so I declined.  

I hadn't had much luck selling books on eBay in the past, but decided to try it again. This time, there seemed to be a demand for the mysteries. So I grouped the books by author and listed them.

The mysteries sold!  I think after the fees are paid that I might clear a little under $2 per book.   So, someone gets reading material, I get a bit of $, and a bit more space in the house.  Definitely a win-win.