Monday, July 21, 2014

This and that

  Sorry, have been AWOL the past week ... here's what's going on.


  • Those rolls of fabric in the photo are the strips I've been putting together for my locker hooking project ... a rug.    When I have a bit of time, I've been sewing the strips, as well as cutting more as I find material.   It's been a good way to use up scraps of both fabric and thread. 
  • Still harvesting lots of beans, and the tomatoes are coming in.  Not sure what kind of tomato harvest I'll have this year ... couple of the plants are slow in setting fruit, which may be due to the unseasonably cool weather we've had.  
  • Also been thinking about next year's garden ... have decided that because of this year's critter attack on my marigolds,  I'm going to save time and money and plant mums in that spot. Critters apparently don't find mums to be tasty ;)   And if the bell/sweet peppers don't produce well this year ... and things aren't looking good ... I'll take the hint and try something else.
  • And finally, job insecurity worries are ratcheting up again. Several corporate moves are signaling that another round of layoffs may be on the way.     I've been taking another look at the financial picture and researching insurance options.  Unfortunately, it's time to schedule   annual physicals, etc. (couldn't get them done earlier because of insurance rules.)  I'm  hesitant to schedule anything until I know it will be covered.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the job situation.

Beans are starting to come here as well.

That rug project looks to be very interesting.

God bless.

DW said...

Thanks Jackie ... may have an idea in the next few weeks.