Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's alive!

      Been wondering how my plants had fared with this year's harsh winter.   In particular, I was a bit worried about my rose bush, even though I'd cut it down and piled mulch and leaves around it.

     Today, I took advantage of the 5 minutes of warm weather  we had to clean out the flower beds, and checked on the bush.

     It made it!  The bottom of the canes are green, and it's bringing new shoots.  (I know, I know ... I'm easily impressed.)  I put the mulch back, however, since we're supposed to get more snow.

    Now I have to wait to see if the hostas will come up  ....

1 comment:

Jackie said...

How wonderful. Soon your rose will be growing by leaps and bounds.

Our hostas seem to take awhile to come up. Many times I have thought we would have to replace them and yet to my surprise up they come.

God bless.