Saturday, February 15, 2014

Alas, poor toaster ...

  Sort of an end of an era here at the Casa de Chaos:  my toaster died.

 Not that I'm overly sentimental about such things, but said toaster was the last of the small appliances that I'd bought before I was married, so it's been faithfully toasting for somewhere around 22 years.  That's a lot of bread, if you think about it.

  So, it's off to find a new toaster, and oh, my, are there choices.  Buy an el-cheapo one, or something a bit more expensive (and hopefully durable)?   Decisions, decisions ....

Update: Decided to go with the basic, el-cheapo version for now. 

3 comments:

CTMOM said...

Toasters are one of those "disposable" appliances. I have gone through several since becoming an independent adult. I "invested" in an Oster convection toaster oven, bought @ Sears on sale for $59 about 10 years ago. It toasts, is great for bagels (standard small slot toasters can't handle them) and I often turn to it vs the regular oven for energy savings. When this dies, a similar replacement will be purchased. My 2 cents . . .
Carol in CT

DW said...

This toaster has certainly outlasted the microwave and the larger appliances in the house, LOL!

Seriously considered a toaster oven, but wanted to get this purchase 'done and dusted,' so went with the basic version that was on sale.

Jackie said...

Our toaster bit the dust after years of great service about a month ago. I so hope that our new one lasts as long. We went with a mid range in cost toaster.

God bless.