Friday, January 3, 2014

My jellies are cursed ...

   While I did really well making apple butter, and now pear butter, my jellies ... sigh.

    I made apple juice from cores and peels ... accidentally froze the juice by putting it too far in the back of the fridge .. but that's another story.

    Anyway, got the idea to make jelly.  Used the Hillbilly Housewife recipe, followed it to the letter  ... things looked good ...   but just like my mulberry jelly, it won't quite set.  

      So, I've either got a very soft jelly, or I've just made a pint and a half of apple syrup. 

      Actually, it's not  half bad as syrup.  It tastes more sweet than apple-like, but it works OK on pancakes. 

      Methinks, however, that I will stick to fruit butters or the occasional jam ...
     

No comments: