Thursday, November 7, 2013

Making do: sewing project

      My old hoodie (as seen above) was getting really raggy around the cuffs.  I'd been looking for a set of replacement cuffs, but finding this particular color was impossible.

      So I decided to try the old sock trick.  Had a pair of DH's old dress socks that couldn't be mended any more, so I cut off the tops and used them.  Had to do a bit of cutting and resewing to make them fit, but it worked out pretty well.  The seams aren't as pretty as the original ones,but heck, they're inside ;)

      Would have been even better if the socks had been green, but I figure the blue makes a nice contrast ...  

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Such a great idea. I am going to have to remember this.

God bless.