Thursday, October 3, 2013

Stock-up time

  Happy October everyone!

   Made the semi-annual trip to the salvage/outlet stores to stock the pantry here at the Casa de Chaos. 

  Did manage to find some good deals, though prices seemed to be higher this year ... some things on the list weren't significantly cheaper than Aldi prices.

That said,  I did score:

      24 pounds (a dozen 2lb bags) of all-purpose  flour for $2.49.  (I was very pleased, as I was nearly out of flour, and baking season is nearly upon us.)

       1 case (12, 28 oz cans) of whole tomatoes for $3.99.

        28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes for 39 cents each.
       
        1.5 oz jar of lemon peel for $1.   (I don't use a lot of this, but the current jar is getting low, and I'd rather restock at that price than the $4+ I recently saw at the supermarket.)


      Also picked up several boxes of name brand cereal (including Wheatabix, which I  seldom buy) for $1-$1.50.

      (And I'll admit to a fair amount of snacks ... granola bars, various chips, crackers ...  It does keep us out of the vending machines at work.)
   
       Best of all, I found a new baking dish to replace the one that exploded!

       So, the pantry is filling up nicely .... next up ... fresh apples!
;)

No comments: