Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Finding bargains in odd places

Speaking of spare parts ....

I've been on the lookout for a new coffeemaker  ... sort of a spare if you will.     Actually, the coffee maker we're using originally was a spare ... after two machines with timers croaked in short order, we started using the current, basic one.

Anyway, I stopped at my favorite spot at the supermarket ... the markdown bin.  And there, with the canned goods, sat a half-dozen coffee makers. Originally $12.99 ... marked down to (drum roll, please) ...

$5.40!

I couldn't resist.  I bought one.  (Yeah, just one ...)  So if this one croaks, I'm in no danger of going without coffee.  (Trust me on that one.)

On the other hand, if it's anything like the bread maker ... this machine may sit on the shelf for another four or five years, LOL!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

What a great deal! Even a replacement carafe would cost more than that, so consider it a good investment!

DW said...

Stacie, even the used ones at Goodwill are going for $4.99, so I wasn't going to pass this up!