Monday, September 30, 2013

Eggplant anyone?

      And here I was worried that I wouldn't get much from my eggplant ... Ha!

       We've been having eggplantapalooza here at the Casa de Chaos.    So far, this $3 plant has paid for itself several times over. (Considering that the going rate for eggplant here is around 99 cents a pound.)

      We've had:

       3 meals of baked eggplant, each of them producing 1-2 extra servings that went into work lunches.

        1 meal of ratatouille, which also produced a serving for a work lunch

         1 stir-fry meal, which produced 2 extra servings for a work lunch. 

          1 bowl of baba ganoush for snacking. Wasn't sure about it at first, but it grew on me.  It also saved me the cost of a tub of hummus.)

         3 more fruits were gifted ... I'm told one made a very nice eggplant parm ...

         It is nice to sit down to a dinner in which most of the food came from my own garden.  Makes the work (and the expenditures) worth it.
          
                  
        

No comments: