Sunday, September 15, 2013

Dump bread anyone?


  Needed to make a loaf of bread, so I loaded up the bread maker and turned it on.

Instead of whir... whir... whir ... I got click .. click ... click.

The spindle that turns the paddle in the bread pan seems to have frozen.  So, pulled the pan and dumped the contents into another bowl so DH could try to loosen things up with a wrench.   No go.

So, now what?   I remembered that we'd bought a similar bread maker at the thrift store a while back, specifically for the paddle. (The old one got chewed up.)   Maybe ...

Pulled the pan from that one and checked. Yep, it fit.  So, the dough makings got dumped into this pan, and we were back in business.

 The bread doesn't seem any worse for wear ...

Note: I went back to look for the post in which I talk about buying that bread maker.  Holy moly, it was four years ago.  And the original bread maker is still with us ...

2 comments:

CTMOM said...

DW-a sound investment was made 4 years ago then! ; )

DW said...

Indeed it was! I'm wondering when the old one will actually breathe it's last ...