Saturday, August 10, 2013

Medical billing .. grr

  No, I did not get a bill for that prescription.

I got the bill for my recent physical/lab tests.  Usually, I end up paying for the lab tests (after the insurance discount. Not a big deal.

What I didn't expect was a bill for more than $200 -- the biggest charge for a procedure clearly marked as "preventative."

Er, my plan is supposed to pay for preventative care at 100%.  So, I made a call to the insurance company.   Yes, the rep said, that's covered and in fact, payment had been sent. (and I got a date and a payment number.)

The practice's billing department confirmed that they'd received the payment, so I should be getting a new ... and lower bill ... soon.

This is now the third time in the last 18 months that I've had to deal with billing screw-ups. (I'm 2 for 3 on this in getting things resolved.)  I'm  beginning to wonder if there's a code on my insurance card that reads: Go ahead, mess up this one's bill!


3 comments:

CTMOM said...

Good for you to stay on top of this! Not unusual, sadly, in my experience. Know your plan, and fight for your benefits. Just think-how many would have simply paid it? Hmm . . .

Jackie said...

Ouch. Good thing you stay on top of this.

God Bless.

Stacie said...

Wow, DW! Glad you were able to get it fixed.