Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Exploding dishes

   Had a rather scary thing happen yesterday.

   I was baking fish for dinner in my glass baking dish, and prepared to pull out said  dish so I could turn the fillets over.

   When I picked up the dish,  it literally fell apart!   Half the dish came up in my hand .. the other half (with the fish) dropped back into the oven and shattered!

     What a mess!   Glass all over the oven and  the kitchen floor!   Dinner was obviously ruined. (Fish bones are one thing, glass shards ... no thanks.)

    Not sure what happened here.  It was an older dish, so perhaps they eventually give out.  (I lost another baking dish last year ... though not in such a spectacular matter.)

       So, I'll be in the market for a new baking dish or two ... perhaps one in silicone?

1 comment:

Jackie said...

So glad that you were not injured in any way DW.

God bless.