Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Today we mulch!

Time for another garden report:

 The garden has been cleared of rocks (truly my best crop!) and had its first tilling.

We made a trip to the county landfill's compost/mulch pile to get a few bags that we'll mix into the gardens.

  In the meantime, I've bought veggie plants: tomato, eggplant, red and green bell peppers. 

I'm planning to grow some grape tomatoes in a container this year, too.

Also bought a sage plant and some oregano seeds.

 I still have to get my bedding plants ... I may go back to the hardware store where I bought my veggies ... they're cheaper than the big-box store.

As for what's already planted ... my kale is about ready for its first pick.  The turnips are sprouting (I just use the greens).  The lettuce is sprouting, but looking a bit sparse.   Still waiting on the basil.

      I was hoping to be a bit further along, but it's been cool and rainy ... and we had an unseasonably late frost!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I hope to be planting my bedding plants and herbs this weekend. That is if it doesn't rain like the weather pundits are predicting.

God bless.