Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sewing project: Placemats

Jackie ... you get the credit for inspiring me!

I had some of this striped, mattress ticking fabric that I wanted to make placemats with, but didn't have enough to make two identical sides.

Realized that I had material that was comparable in weight and color -- old jeans!

Not the easiest thing to sew, but I think it came out pretty well.

On another sewing note, back in November, I mentioned that I'd screwed up the sizing on my patio curtains.   Well, I finally got around to letting out the bottom hem and the curtains are now where they belong -- at the window.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow, thanks. I think this is the first time I have inspired anyone.

DW, those placemats turned out just great. How many did you make?

God bless

DW said...

Just two, Jackie ... that was all the material I had. (It was left over from another project that I have to finish)