Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Little by little: How I've been saving

     Some days it does seem like $$ flies out the window ... so I've been keeping a list of the little things I do to save money.  Here's what's been going on recently.


Overripe bananas went into the freezer. (And as I write this, they're being baked into banana bread for the week's work lunches.)
Crumbs made from slicing homemade bread go into freezer to be used in meatloaf, etc.
Using up samples of shampoo, toothpaste, and body wash (which will tide me over until I find a good deal to replenish my stocks.)
Used a paint samples to refresh the flower pots that hold this year's crop of herbs.
Making a point to catch the letter carrier for outgoing mail ... saving trips to the post office.
The lawnmower maintenance was done at home, rather than paying someone to do it.
Books:  Using the library, also downloaded some free Kindle books.  (I don't own a Kindle, but I downloaded the app on the computer).
Movies: Borrowed a couple of older ones from the library, saved the rental costs.
Repurposing: As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I used material from some old jeans to make place mats.  I'm also making another set out of a couple of old throw pillow cases.   And an old T-shirt is being turned into an outfit for my porch goose.  

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Even when you think you aren't doing much on the frugal front things sure add up.

God bless.