Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hey, it worked!

        Been dealing with a  pair of dress pants purchased at the thrift store recently.  Guess they were a bit long for the previous owner, because the bottom hem was folded in half to create a cuff.
   (The sewer did a very nice job of it, too.)

    But I was wondering  how the heck I was going to get that cuff crease out.   I'd read over the years that soaking the material, or the pressing cloth in a vinegar solution, then pressing would do the trick.

I was a bit skeptical, but I soaked both the material and the pressing cloth -- smelled like a salad in the sewing room, LOL!  Then I pressed ... 

And darned if that crease didn't pop right out.

Could be that the material was a polyester/Dacron sort of blend.  But whatever, the pants look great.

No comments: