Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Today's tip: Save those coupons

         If you get packs of coupons, or those monthly coupon books in the mail, do yourself a favor:  Take a couple of minutes to go through them, and save the ones from the service companies you use .... or might want to use.  

       I know we probably save at least $60 a year by using oil-change coupons from our usual garage.  And I saved $150 this year on my (grrr) recent car repair.  (The haircut coupons are nice, too.)


     Personally, I think the best coupons are the ones that say: "Free service call with repair."

       I don't know about your area, but around here, it seems like service folks charge nearly $100 just to walk in your door -- anything else is extra.  So getting that cost off the final bill can be a help ... and if you have a really bad year for repairs  ... it will help a lot.
      

No comments: