Friday, December 7, 2012

Getting ready for Christmas

We've been decking the halls here at the Casa de Chaos. 

  I lobbied for a new tree this year to replace our tabletop tree.  We have a nice 7-footer, but I wasn't keen about chasing Big Boy out of it every hour or so ...

  Actually,I like this new tree .. it's prelit, which eliminates one of my big frustrations.  As for Big Boy .. he and Little Girl think it's just dandy.  They jump on the table and curl up under the tree. (I see a photo for next year's Christmas card, LOL!)

 But we got a not-so-merry surprise on the outdoor lights: 3 of the 5 sets didn't work.  Considered going to LED's, but we would have needed nearly twice the number of sets to cover the same area ... putting it out of the budget.

 In the end, we decided to replace one set of lights.  Skipped decorating one portion of the house, and used another style of lights (which we already had) on another. It looks pretty cheery!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Aww, you need to post a picture of the kitties.
Surprisingly, my cat hasn't been interested in the Christmas tree. My two sons, on the other hand...