Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bye, Bye Mr. Pumpkin

  We've finished the annual whacking of the pumpkins here at the Casa de Chaos.

   Something new was added this year: We bought a small white pumpkin, which produced about 3.5 cups of puree.  I have to admit, cooked white pumpkin looks a lot like potatoes, or turnips ;)

    Not sure what I'll do with it yet .. I may try it in some pumpkin bread.

    The giant pumpkin from Aldi made 10 cups of roasted and 8 cups of puree.  I'm planning on using some of the puree to make some pumpkin butter.  Never done that before, but the apple butter came out so well, I got inspired.

In the meantime, I have lots of pumpkin seeds to toast!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Sounds like you had a great time making your pumpkin puree.

Nothing beats the taste of fresh pumpkin in pies, breads or muffins.

God bless.