Thursday, September 6, 2012

They'll hunt you down ...

Howdy

Mr. DW and I have been off on a road trip ... and have come back to a mountain of laundry and mail, not to mention grass that badly needs to be cut (we got rain while we were gone, hooray!)

Anyway, a funny thing happened on this trip.  I was standing in a national park, taking in a very nice view, when my cell phone began beeping with a text message.

Now I don't like to hear my cell phone go off while I'm on vacation.  It usually means something bad has happened.  So with more than a little trepidation, I open up the message ....  and it's from Meijer! (for those of you not in the Midwest, it's a supermarket/department store). Just a  note to remind me that I could save even more if I clipped my electronic coupons for an upcoming sale.

I suppose I should have been annoyed, but I found the whole thing to be hilarious. Guess sometimes you can't get away from it all.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

At least it was an offer to save money, and not a "pay your bill or we'll take your firstborn" kind of message.
Hope you enjoyed your vacation, text messages and all!