Friday, July 6, 2012

So, they're just a bit shorter, that's all

Ever have a piece of clothing that did something unexpected?

A few years ago, I bought a pair of denim pants made of some sort of non-cotton fabric. The first time I washed it, the darn thing shrank -- by nearly a whole size. I muttered some choice words and threw it in the garage sale pile.

Fast forward, and I came across them again while digging through that pile after I lost some weight. (and no, we won't talk about why I still have a garage sale pile).
I tried them on, and they fit in the waist (yes!). But now they were too short! Looked like I was ready for a flood.

So, I cut 'em off to capri length.  I liked the results so much that I grabbed a pair of khaki pants that had frayed along the hemline and cut them into capris, too.

So, two additions to my summer wardrobe at no cost!  Maybe I should dig through that pile again, eh?

2 comments:

CTMOM said...

Great post! See my blog for how I converted 6 pairs of heavy cotton khakis and 3 pairs of nylon athletic pants all into shorts for my twins with ever expanding legs! Free shorts is how I view it!

Jackie said...

Great save on those pants. I have that exact same garage sale pile in the basement!