Friday, March 30, 2012

My make-do meal



The weather's been cooler this week, so I decided something like chicken pot pie (actually, more like a shepard's pie) would be nice for dinner.


So .... didn't have any cooked chicken, but I did have some turkey in the freezer.


Didn't have the cream of chicken soup the recipe called for, but I did have cream of mushroom soup.


Had brain fade and put in twice as much milk as needed, so I added an extra cup of biscuit mix.


My favorite baking dish is gone (broken), so I used one of my other casserole dishes.


And after all that .... the pie came out great! In fact, the cream of mushroom soup gave it a different twist. We just barely have enough leftovers for a lunch!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Sounds tasty! Remember how you made it so you can make it again soon. (Maybe share your recipe?)