Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What a mess!

Some times it's good to buy in bulk ...

But it's not good when a 200oz bottle of laundry detergent falls off its perch and spews its contents all over the floor ...

I found a 4-foot-wide (and spreading) puddle of gooey liquid in front of the washer and dryer. Won't repeat what I said -- this is a family friendly blog.

Fortunately, the floor isn't carpeted. But I still needed to clean up the mess.

So, if you're ever in this position, a dustpan is a good tool to scoop off the top layer of liquid. (Fortunately, DH was handy to clean up said dustpan before I used it.)

I scooped the liquid into a smaller, empty detergent bottle ... it filled almost the entire 50-ounce container. (And yeah, I know there's an ick factor for some folks, but I'm going to be using that detergent for something.)

In a stoke of luck, there was a basket of rags and rugs nearby, all set to go in the washer. I used the rags to mop the rest of the goo off the floor. (Why make more laundry? Besides, some of those rags could stand to be pre-treated, LOL!)

I popped the dustpan and the bottles into a bucket to clean off the goo ... in a last bit of recycling, I poured that soapy water into the commode.

If nothing else, I have the cleanest floor in town ...

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Oh, what a mess! I'm sure you had more important things to do than clean up laundry soap! Glad you got it cleaned up, sorry you lost so much soap.

On an ironic side note, my word verification for this comments is "stains." Go figure!