Thursday, February 16, 2012

Am I crazy, or what?



I got an odd look when I mentioned this to someone ...

Occasionally, I'm blessed with a gift card for gasoline, be it from a credit-card
rebate, or a survey, or a gift.

Now, it's tempting to just use the card and get the free stuff. But a $10 card
doesn't go all that far. (Let's get real: a $25 or $50 card doesn't go all that far
either.)

So, I used the latest card like a high-value coupon. I got $10 in gas using the
gift card. Then I bought another $10 worth of gas. So I have $20 worth of gas
in the car, but only paid $10 for it. To my way of thinking, I just cut the price of
gas in half ... if it's $3.50 a gallon, normally, I just paid $1.75 a gallon.

I suppose I can play with the numbers any way I want, but what counts to me
is that my wallet isn't being bitten quite so hard (and is going to be bitten a lot harder if what I'm reading is true.)

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I don't think that's crazy, I think it's a great deal!