Friday, December 9, 2011

Going with the flow

Howdy ... been off a couple of days trying to get some headway on Christmas ...

Anyway, looks like we're "downsizing" Christmas this year -- but not because of the economy. More like because of a couple of naughty little cats.

Actually, I expected it -- over the years, I've learned that young cats and Christmas decorations don't mix well. (For her first holiday, Senior Cat dared getting catnip coal by knocking over a fully decorated 6-foot tree.)

But hope springs eternal. So we put the (now 7-foot) tree up, sans decorations, and waited to see what our new residents would do. All went well for a while, until we caught Little Girl trying to climb it. Another look, and we realized why: Big Boy was sitting in the middle of the tree! (IMHO, any artificial tree that can hold a 12lb cat is darn well made.)

So, down with the big tree. Instead, we pulled out my late DM's tabletop tree, which after 20+ years has a bit of a Charlie Brown look to it. But a few lights, and lots of unbreakable decorations, and we got a tree.

Now, if I can just keep the little beggars from trying to snag the ornaments ...

1 comment:

Stacie said...

LOL!! I think every cat family goes through the same ordeal each Christmas season. My little hoodlum kitten, Toby, who we think is 8 months old, has been such a good boy though. I told my husband that we needed to get a new turbo-powered water sprayer for "disciplining" a naughty, tree-curious kitten. Surprisingly, he's fine. Our two boys, however...