Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What's in your cupboard?



Over on DS, we've been talking about "Extreme Couponing," then there's the pantry challenge thread.


Both of them kind of inspired me to go take a peek in my pantry ... just to see if there's anything hiding in there that I'd forgotten about.


Er, yeah ...


1 box of grits ... oops ... I'd thought I was out, and put it on the grocery list.


1/2 bottle of corn oil. Better check to see if it's still usable.


1 box of corn muffin mix, expiration date in 2009. Not sure if it's good to use either, better check ...


2 half-used bottles of red wine vinegar ... no problem .. I'll just combine them


Not as bad as I thought, but it still means I should keep an eye on things.

1 comment:

Coolwhip said...

I feel your pain, DW!! When I cleaned out our pantry a couple months ago, I had to toss many items that were 3+ years passed their expiration dates!! Talk about a waste!! Some of the canned goods (soups mostly) were still okay, but the boxes stuff got tossed!