Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Menu: Tuscan Chicken

This is a recipe I converted from a microwaved version:
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 (15oz) cans white beans (Great Northern or cannellini) undrained

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon rosemary

2 teaspoons garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1 tablespoon lemon juice

8 oz fresh spinach (or turnip greens or kale)

Saute chicken in olive oil until cooked; remove from pan.


Add the beans (with liquid), lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, red pepper flakes and salt to pan. (If sauce seems a bit thick, add 1/4 cup of water) Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to simmer.


Return chicken to pan. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If sauce becomes too thick, add a little water to the mixture.


After 30 minutes, add spinach to the pan and mix into the beans. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.


Serve with grated parmesan cheese if desired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooo boy this looks good lWolft mow to make it and freeze some of this and the indgretance sound so good to bad its not a picture to go with it so you can make us all drool over your blog...
sissi

BargainBinge said...

Bargain Binge here, thank you for posting this. It really reminds me somewhat of my Italian stew. I think we'd have a lot of fun in the kitchen together as our tastes seem similar. I love reading what you're having on dinner over at our epic stretcher post! Anyhow, I thought of you tonight. I drained my stew to make it more of a bean/veggie side dish to go with salmon cooked with olive oil, lemon, garlic salt and black pepper... some fresh parsley on top and grated parm on the "stew" - they paired lovely next to each other or even scooping some stew on top of the fish! I dislike leftovers so this was a great way to use up what I didn't freeze. I have 2 servings in the freezer for later usage and the drained broth for a very small bowl of soup.

Barb said...

I love this........