Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hey, it works for bald guys!

My gardening efforts this week have taken a strange turn --- I've been doing grass transplants.

Last year's drought and nasty winter did a number on our lawn -- lots of bare spots. Poor thing looks like one of those relief maps in a geography book. Overseeding hasn't helped a whit.

Ironically, there are places where the grass is growing happily, like my front garden and my vegetable garden plot. (I'm seeing a definite trend here ....)
So, while the ground is nice and wet from our incessant rains, I've been pulling up the chunks of grass in the gardens, and planting them in the worst-looking places in the front lawn.

Will they grow? More importantly, will they spread? Darned if I know. On the other hand, those chunks would have ended up in the trash, so might as well put them to good use.

Stay tuned.

No comments: