Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our gal has passed on


It's been a sad week here. Our elder cat passed away on Tuesday, nine months into her battle with kidney disease. In the end, things went downhill very quickly, and we had to make the heartbreaking decision to end her distress.


We had nearly 17 years together ... starting with that day at the animal shelter. She introduced herself by bopping me on the forehead as I read her cage tag. I looked up, saw her little clown face, and immediately fell in love...


She had a sweet and gentle spirit. Shy with strangers, but with us, always ready for a snuggle, or to claim an available lap. The past few months, she was patient and trusting as we tried to buy her more time.


I hope that when she crossed the Rainbow Bridge, her sister (who died much too young from the same disease) was there to meet her. And somewhere, they're chasing each other up and down a grand staircase they way they did as kittens ....


Good night sweetie ....




4 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh what a sad post. I am very sorry to read this news.
I am glad your kitties had you as their Mama, to make sure they had the best care possible when they were ill. What a blessing you were to them!

Adegea said...

I am so sorry.

Hi! I'm Randa said...

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry for your loss =(

I remember every detail of the day we had to put our sweet Hobbes down. I can honestly say that it was one of the saddest days of my life.

Prayers for you.

Living on Less Money said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your sweetie pie. Oh how our pets capture our hearts and become part of the family. It's so difficult to lose them.