Thursday, February 24, 2011

That crazy plant lady


Have I ever mentioned that I'm a sucker for orphaned plants?

(Actually, I'd happily be a sucker for orphaned animals, but that presents other problems.)

Put me in a garden center, and I start looking at the bargain bin: all those half-dead plants that the help didn't get around to watering, sold at a discount. I'm willing to try a little water and sunlight to bring them back.

I do have some success: the half-price marigolds for my garden; the cyclamen I bought for a buck at the supermarket; the plant left behind by a laid-off coworker ..

Anyway, this is my roundabout way of saying it happened again; a potted rose, left over from a Valentine's Day promotion. It's in rough shape, but for 99 cents, it's worth a try. It got a good soaking, and is currently awaiting some window space. We'll see what happens.

No comments: