Monday, February 14, 2011

Odds and ends

Just a few things from the casa de chaos:

Coupon crazy: Unless I've gone completely blind, MyPoints no longer seems to be offering SmartSource coupons anymore. Too bad. The points weren't as good for using them, but it was something. So, I'll be toddling off to the regular SmartSource site to print things out.

Ditching the dish: We're preparing to clear off the DVR in preparation for canceling our satellite TV service. That way, if they won't give us a deal, we'll be ready to send the equipment back. (Actually, that's probably another argument for ditching ... we have a slew of shows we haven't even watched yet.)

Kitty news: Elder cat is slipping, according to her latest tests, and her vet has added a couple of supplements to her medicine lineup. The order came the other day, and I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't horse medication. The pills are huge! I couldn't swallow them; no way a 4 lb cat could. One of them is supposed to be fish flavored, and chewable. Ha, Ha! At least that one I can smash and slip into her food, or into a capsule. But does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the contents of a very large softgel into her?

(She's sitting on my lap watching me type this ... let's hope she hasn't learned to read ...)

No comments: