Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Surf and save

A little tip .... the next time you are prescribed any name-brand medication, take a spin through the Web -- you might save some money.

While researching a med I was prescribed, I hit the drugmaker's site. Lo and behold, they offered a coupon that would bring my co-pay down to $15 (or knock $60 off the cost for a purchase without insurance ... yeah, it's expensive stuff, gah!)

Wasn't sure it would work, but I took it to the pharmacy ... and they had to jump through a couple of hoops, but in the end, it knocked $20 bucks off my co-pay.

I did a bit of checking, and it looks like other popular name-brand meds also offer coupons or rebates, too.

Now, to be honest, I'd rather see lower prices across the board for all meds -- not just deals for the Internet-savvy. But I honestly don't see that happening any time soon. So in the meantime, I'll try to save as much as I can...

No comments: