Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Use it up report


I'm having a run of repurposing around here .. my latest projects:


The seat of my old leather (I think) chair (which I picked up curb shopping a couple of ... er ... decades ago) is splitting -- uncomfortable, and certainly unattractive.

What to do? Luckily, I was given a place mat project that went awry. Let's just say the cutting was a bit off. It was a nice upholstery-type material, and a matching color ...

So I whipped up a seat cover. Actually, it looks pretty nice, but I have to lengthen it -- it won't stay tucked in.


I used a couple of old flannel shirts to make porch goose jackets to sell on Etsy. With the leftover pieces and an old towel, I made a flannel pad to put on elder cat's bed. (Or on the chair that she thinks is her bed, LOL!)


Got a freebie --- one of those advertising magnets that can be used as a picture frame. Nothing against the company, but I don't really want my photo framed by a commercial message. So some card stock and a bit of double-sided tape, and I have something much more decorative. (Now I have to find a tiny photo!)



1 comment:

Heather said...

Post a picture of your chair, I'd love to see what you did!