Thursday, August 19, 2010

State Fair food


Was at the State Fair this week, and of course, half the fun is checking out the food that gives dietitians nightmares (and the rest of us indigestion, LOL).


This year's big thing: the doughnut burger. That's right, for $6.50, you get a hamburger with fixins slapped between two Krispy Kremes. Cheese and bacon are extra ....


The booth had quite a crowd -- more lookers than eaters, I suspect. Of course, when you got done looking at the burgers, you could go next door and watch them make fried butter. (I'm not kidding ... )


By the way, this burger ... it's not mine. I couldn't stomach the thought of eating one. This belongs to a fellow who very kindly allowed us to take a photo of his lunch ...


2 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah, I've heard of those before. Can't even imagine trying to eat one.

Barb said...

Big Burger. I'm looking forward to our State fair, never been. Of course here its in September and october to avoid the heat.....