Thursday, July 29, 2010

Garden report: Tomatoes!


We're in full swing now. The smaller celebrity tomatoes are ripe, and the romas (pardon me, the Health Kick tomatoes) aren't far behind. I'm very pleased, because the last couple of years, the tomatoes haven't ripened until mid-August!
The beans are still coming in like crazy! Time to make more room in the freezer!


The pepper plants, however, don't seem to be interested in producing more fruit. Maybe we'll have something by September, eh?


The lettuce is pretty well shot -- the heat finally got to it. My basil is finally catching up -- had some in eggs the other morning.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awesome, I am really wishing I planted a tomato this year.

Cute canning poster, I always look forward to seeing what neat vintage-y picture you'll post.