Monday, June 28, 2010

A little subterfuge

Elder cat has had some ups and downs, but seems to be feeling better.

She's now bugging me for food, which is a good sign. Unfortunately, she seems to think that she should get fresh food every time she asks ... the stuff she took a few bites of 15 minutes ago is no longer good enough.

Sorry, darlin' ... but at $36 a case, this won't cut it. Usually, I point to the dish and remind her that she hadn't finished her last portion. But when that doesn't work, I've resorted to a little trick. I take the dish, add a drop of water to the old food, and stir it a bit before putting it back. Sometimes I pop it in the microwave for a couple of seconds. (A vet suggested that to me ... warm food smells more appetizing, especially to older and ill cats.)

Kitty eats. She's happy. I'm happy.

No comments: