Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Garden report


Lots of rain and warm, muggy days have really given the garden a boost.


So far, I have two tiny bell peppers, and a few small tomatoes. The beans have yet to flower, but I expect that soon.


My mystery tomato plant also has tiny green fruits, so I should know very soon just what we'll have.


The only thing that seems to be lagging is my herbs. The basil and oregano have come up, but aren't growing very quickly. I also suspect that not all my parsley seeds germinated -- that container's looking pretty sparse.


And the lettuce and salad greens are doing ok. Nearly had a disaster -- the cord broke on the hanging pot that holds the lettuce. Fortunately, the pot fell straight down, and stayed intact!


1 comment:

Heather said...

sounds like your garden is doing great! i'm having issues with basil and oregano this year too, usually those do well for me but they are growing so slowly!