Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Garden report: We're getting there


I had hoped to report that my garden was in, but we've had rain off and on all week, making it difficult to get anything done.


But, my container gardening is done: My salad greens and lettuce are already sprouting, and I have basil, cilantro, parsley and oregano planted as well.


The garden's going to get a little crowded this year. A co-worker brought in a box of tomato plants, and I couldn't resist taking a couple (well, all right, 3.) I plopped the mystery tomato plant into a large pot --- I'm curious about what I'll get. I may just plant the other two (reportedly beefsteak tomatoes) in the same hole -- they're on the small size.


It's been tough trying to find red or yellow sweet pepper plants. I finally lucked out at a seasonal market. But they only had packs of 3 small plants, so I'm going to try the 1-hole trick with those, too.


Now if I can just get the darn things off my porch and into the ground!

1 comment:

Barb said...

And I havent even gotten plants to put in my porch pots yet, that comes tomorrow..............sigh.