Friday, March 19, 2010

False economy

The temperatures have warmed up enough to put thoughts of gardening in my head. Not that I should get too excited ... the weather service is talking about snow flurries next week. Ugh.

Anyway, my point: When we pulled out the hoses, I realized I'd been tripped up by false economy. I'd bought inexpensive hoses last year ... it's not like we fight fires with them.

Anyway, they've been nothing but a source of aggravation. They kink up, they've both sprung leaks. (Nothing like a bath while you're watering plants!) One of them leaks at the faucet, as well. Sigh.

So, out they go. I'll look for quality this time, even if it costs more.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thanks for that hint. Right now I am looking at hose and hose storage for the back yard cause the one that was here when I moved in died a slow death-no idea how long it was here.............