Thursday, January 14, 2010

A clean start

So while I'm playing true confessions here, I'll admit to another failing: I hate filing things.

I have the best intentions. I have folders set up for all the bills, etc., that we pay over the course of the year. And I do file things for a while.

But somewhere along the line, I get busy, so I put the papers on top of the filing cabinet. And I put more papers up there. By the end of the year, I have more papers atop the cabinet than inside.

(Now lest you think the casa de chaos is drowning in paper ... DH is very organized about filing. His cabinet is very organized ... in alphabetical order, no less.)

But the first of the year always brings salvation. I'm cleaning out the files, throwing out the junk and packing the important stuff away. Why, I hope to see the top of that filing cabinet any day now!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I am working on my papers as well. I shudder every time I have to start. Think that I would rather clean bathrooms and to tell the truth that is my least liked household chore.

God bless.