Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas is finally over

Well, at least it's out of my living room.

It's mid-January, and I have a confession to make: I like putting Christmas decorations up, but hate taking them down. But over the weekend, I got busy and packed the decorations in their proper boxes, and the tree is put away. (While we're at it, someone please explain to me why an artificial tree sheds as badly as a real one ...)

Now mind you, I didn't say that I actually packed the decorations away. They're currently in the basement, waiting to go into their big boxes. I think last year it was March before everything was put away. I hope to do better this year.

Oh, well, yeah. The lights are still up outside. Given the risk of frostbite or broken bones ... I think they can wait a while.

1 comment:

Heather said...

We were a bit late in getting our decorations down this year too. Still not bad though, one year my parents left the tree up until March!