Monday, December 14, 2009

Quick craft: Paper clip angel

I just had to pass on this cute, easy-to-make little ornament -- an angel made from a paper clip (or paper clamp, which I think is the correct term).

To get the original instructions, go visit Heavenly Homemakers (Thanks, Laura!).

Now, if you're like me, and don't have any beads in the house, give this a try:

Get a small button with a shank on the back and a thin cord. (I used rug-weight thread.) I used about 6 inches of cord .. you can use more or less depending on the size of your angel and the tree you're hanging it on.

Thread the cord through the button, loop first, then take the cut end and thread it under the "neck" of the clip. Put cut end through the loop and pull up. Presto! One angel with head. Tie the cut ends off in a small knot.

I didn't want my angel's head to sit directly on the neck, so I turned it over, moved the button up a little, then used a piece of sewing thread to tie off the cord under the button shank.

It might make a good office-type ornament, don't you think?

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is very cute, I always am looking for crafts that use shank buttons.

Jackie said...

Very cute DW. May just make some of those for my tree next year. Thanks for sharing.

God bless.