Monday, October 12, 2009

Garden report: Final harvest


Well, the garden is done for the year.

Saturday night's forecast called for frost, so I decided to pull everything inside. So, did it frost? Er, I don't think so.

On the other hand, it's been chilly and cloudy, with more of that on the way. So I'm doubting that anything will ripen properly.

So, I have a small box of green tomatoes, and four large semi-ripe tomatoes sitting on my kitchen windowsill. We did have a sunny morning, so I put the box o' tomatoes outside to sunbathe, LOL!

I have a half-dozen bell peppers to put in the freezer, along with the Romas I'd pulled in last week. And lots of green beans!

I pulled in the herbs and lettuce ... they'll get to go out and sunbathe, too, LOL! I did cut some of the lettuce for Sunday's dinner.


No comments: