Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Use it up: Dip edition

We always help with cleanup (and setup) at the annual neighborhood party. And we usually end up with lots of leftovers.
This year, among the goodies, I was handed a couple of containers of sour cream-based dip -- ranch and french onion.

So what to do with this stuff besides as a dip for chips or carrot and celery sticks? I've been working on some ideas:

Salad dressing: My favorite. I thin them out with a bit of water (or milk) and add a bit of pepper for seasoning. Makes a nice topping for lettuce.

Chili topper: This was born of self-defense ... said chili was tasty, but way hotter than expected. A blob of ranch dip brought the heat down nicely.

Sandwich spread: I haven't tried this yet, but I'm thinking either could replace mayo on a turkey sandwich or a wrap.

Potato topper: You put sour cream on a baked potato, right? Why not one of the dips?

If anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. I still have dip left.


4 comments:

Jackie said...

You thought of some I hadn't DW. I am going to have to try them on top of baked potatoes.

God bless.

Heather said...

Take the dip and spread over chicken breasts and then cover with breadcrumbs. I've done this many times and it's SUPER yummy!

Heather said...

Spread the dip over chicken breasts and then cover w/breadcrumbs and bake. I've done this many times and it's SUPER YUMMY!

DW said...

Heather, I just saw a recipie for that using salad dressing. Sounds good!