Sunday, September 20, 2009

Nobody here but us chickens!

Every once in a while, my attempts to keep the pantry stocked get a bit out of balance.

Mix several $1 coupons for fresh Tyson chicken. Then add some good sales on Tyson chicken breasts -- both split and boneless.

Result: A frugal freezer stuffed with chicken. And lots of time trolling the Web and the cookbooks looking for new and different ways to cook it!

Now I like chicken ... curried chicken, grilled chicken, baked chicken, Asian chicken (in 3 different recipes), chicken in red pepper sauce, ginger chicken, chicken paprikash, chicken and noodles ... well, you get the picture.

I expect to start growing feathers any day now. Perhaps there will be a sale on pork soon.

4 comments:

Treva said...

LOL One of my former co-workers grew up on a chicken farm and has not had a bite of chicken since the day he left home. When he goes on conferences he will request the vegetarian plate.

Heather said...

I've got several packages of chicken in the freezer that I need to start using myself!

Jackie said...

I am the same way. Harvey often wonders if I spend all my free time hunting up new ways to cook the sale meats I buy.

God bless.

DW said...

Treva, if I had to catch my own food, I suspect I'd be a vegetarian, too, LOL!