Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's officially fall

Went to the apple orchard last weekend, which signals the arrival of fall at the casa de chaos. (Nope, don't pick the apples ... I'm not up for climbing trees, and there's no difference in price between picked and DIY)

I always look forward to the fresh apples every year ... the taste is so much different from the supermarket versions. (though not always ... bought some apples from a farm market recently that tasted like cardboard.)


In one way, looks like the season is arriving just in time. We used our last package of frozen roasted pumpkin last week, and I'm about to open the last jar of applesauce.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I have heard geese flying overhead the past few days so even though I wanted fall to hold off for awhile, I know it is here to stay.

God bless.

Heather said...

Apple orchards are the best, so is homemade applesauce. Yum!