Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Confounding cashiers

I think I scared the cashier at Wally World the other day.

First off, she was a very nice lady .. we were chatting as she checked me out. And she got through my coupons -- including a couple of freebies -- with no problem at all. When she got to the end, though, she stopped and did a double-take at the total.

"Oh, I don't think I did that right," she said, as she went back through the coupons. I took a quick look myself ... a bit worried that she'd missed one. Nope, all there ... about $12 worth.

When she realized she was OK, she looked at me and said, "Wow! You saved a lot of money!"

I felt kind of bad that I scared her, though I certainly don't feel guilty about using coupons. Oh, well, maybe I inspired her.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Wow, if you didn't inspire her, you sure inspired me.

God bless.