Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to School

After several ... er .. decades after earning a degree, both of us here at the casa de chaos are heading back to school.

I've had this plan in the back of my mind for some time: Get some training, retire early and start what is now fashionably called "The Second Act."

With everything that's happened jobwise in the past year or so, I think I hear my cue ...


We've been debating this for a while. Specifically, how to get the best training without breaking the bank.

One of the universities has a program that would end up costing $6,000. The community college is better -- a specialized certificate would cost about $2,100.

For the moment, we're going a different route. One of the school systems has a career center that offers online classes in the area's we're interested in. They seem to be very basic, skills-oriented classes, too. (Good thing. I took Speech 101. I don't want to do it again.)

Cost: $90 per class.

So, stay tuned for the adventures of "Returning student ...."

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Good for the both of you. I am sure that you will make the best students ever. Mainly because you want to be there.

God bless.