Saturday, August 15, 2009

A really big .. gulp!

Took a little road trip recently to catch a baseball game at one of the new ball parks.

We don't do a lot of major-league-level events, but when we do, we have one frugal rule: Don't eat at the stadium, and no booze.

Instead, we do a bit of research on the nearby restaurants and eat before the game. This time, we found a nice place that had a happy-hour menu for both food and drinks, including $2.50 drafts.

It certainly paid off: A bottle of non-premium beer at this stadium -- $7.75. (this is a regular 12-ounce bottle, BTW) By way of comparison, the local supermarket is selling the same brand for $15.99 for 24 cans.

Apparently, I'm the only one bothered by this (what else is new?) because there were plenty of folks around us keeping the beer man busy. Though the tab for the folks in front of us was more than DH and I had paid for dinner and drinks an hour earlier.)

I just keep telling myself ... "It's their money, not mine."

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Every so often I have to remind myself of this as well DW.

God bless.