Thursday, August 13, 2009

My $1.78 CVS trip

Another milestone - post No. 200!

Anyway, just wanted to brag a bit about my CVS trip earlier this week. Though from the looks of it, you'd think I was getting ready for Halloween!

The goods:
  • 1 Coppertone NutraShield sunblock: $8.99
  • 1 4-pk cartridges for Bic Soleil razor: $6.99
  • 8 Snickers bars (sale 2/$1): $4
  • 2 M&Ms (sale 2/$1): $1
  • 1 CVS brand chocolate-covered peanuts .99 cents
  • 1 CVS brand chocolate peanut clusters . 99 cents.

Total: $22.96 before tax

Coupons

  • $4 off $20 CVS coupon
  • $5 IP on the Coppertone
  • $3 on the Bic cartridges
  • $4 (4 coupons for $1 off 2 candy bars)
  • $1 (coupon for $1 off 2 CVS candies)
  • $5 in ECBs.

Total: 96 cents, plus 91 cents in sales tax.

OOP: $1.78; $5 back in ECBs

I hadn't intended to buy so much candy ... I really wanted toothpaste, but discovered that the coupons I had didn't match the sale items. So, I punted. (and there will be no need for DH or I to hit the vending machines at work for a while, LOL!)

No comments: